The training programme aims to equip the youth with immediate access to work as well as practical skills and experience that will afford them access to further career opportunities in the future. The one-year programme will expose the learners to various construction trade skills (including bricklaying, plastering and painting), workplace experiences and insights that will propel them into a career in the industry.
- Support provincial and local government in implementing their skills development strategy in the built environment,
- Close the skills gaps within the built environment,
- Create access to jobs for youth from local communities,
- Improve the quality and efficiency of technical work,
- Support small contractors with sustainability, business skills and mentorship,
- Proactively engage with local communities around skills development opportunities,
- Develop built environment professionals, and
- Engage with skills development stakeholders with the aim to enhance the impact of skills development initiatives at community level.
Skills development has a direct relationship to job creation, and is a foundational stepping stone for the learners who participate to create their own business, opportunities and go on to become successful entrepreneurs in the future.