Bursary applicants must be:
- South African citizens with a South African barcoded identity document
- Enrolled or intending to enrol at a South African Tvet institution (current N3/N4 candidates are encouraged to apply)
- Enrolled or intending to enrol at a South African university or university of technology (current first- and second-year candidates are encouraged to apply)
- Able to demonstrate potential for academic success
- In need of financial assistance
Gibela’s bursaries include full tuition and a book allowance. The bursaries are granted for one year and are renewable on an annual basis based on academic performance.
Says Dr Buyiswa Mncono-Liwani, corporate services and traction motors operation executive at Gibela, “Quality education will unlock the potential of South Africa’s future and our ability to effectively grow our economy. The bursaries that we offer each year for tertiary study at universities, universities of technology and Tvet institutions are an important part of our broader commitment to education and skills development.”
Gibela bursaries for study at a university or university of technology are available in the following disciplines:
- Electrical, electronic, mechanical, metallurgical, and industrial engineering
- Computer science and information technology
- Supply chain and logistics management
The prerequisites for applying for a Gibela bursary at a university or university of technology are:
- A matric with level 6 for Mathematics, Physical Science and Accounting, and level 5 for English
- Written proof of acceptance for admission to a South African university or university of technology
Gibela bursaries to study at Tvet institutions are available for the following professions:
- Fitters and turners
- Control and instrumentation technicians
The prerequisites for a Gibela bursary at a Tvet institution are:
- A matric with Mathematics and Science, and English at level 4
- Written proof of acceptance for admission to a South African Tvet institution
The bursary applications close on 15 February 2022. Interested applicants should send a short CV, a certified copy of their academic records and a certified copy of their South African identity document to az.oc.liarytinummoc@seirasrubalebig or fax these to 086 246 2666.
Gibela will respond only to applicants who make it through the first round of assessments. Applicants who have not been contacted by 26 March 2022 should consider their applications unsuccessful.