The 10th edition of the Africa Energy Indaba, is the African energy event organised for Africans, by Africans, in Africa. It is also the regional Africa event of the World Energy Council (WEC) and is strategically partnered with the South African National Energy Association (SANEA), the NEPAD Planning & Coordinating Agency (NEPAD Agency) and the South Africa Electrotechnical Export Council as the official Trade Industry Association partner.
Distinguished energy luminaries confirmed to address the 2018 Africa Energy Indaba include:
- Dr Elham Mahmoud Ahmed Ibrahim, Vice Chair for Africa of the World Energy Council
- Amadou Hott, Vice-President of Energy, African Development Bank Group
- Indaba Chair: Brian Statham, Chairman, The South African National Energy Association (SANEA)
- Dr Ibrahim Mayaki, Chief Executive Officer, NEPAD Planning and Coordinating Agency
- Dr Angela Wilkinson, Head of Scenario Planning, World Energy Council John Smelcer, Director, Oil & Gas
- Sector Group Head, Webber Wentzel Chiboni Evans, CEO, South African Electrotechnical Export Council
- Errol Gradwell, CEO, EWSETA
- Amb Jean Kamau, Kenya High Commission
- Johnstone Chikwande, Zambian Embassy, RSA
- Michael Meeser, Head of Energy, Investec
- Joseph Kapika, Senior Energy Specialist, World Bank
- Eng. Gloria Magombo, CEO, Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority
- Mansoor Hamayun, CEO, Bboxx
- Nelisiwe Magubane, CEO, Matleng Energy
- Pascoel Bacela, Ministry of Energy, Mozambique
The Africa Energy Indaba is hosted at a crucial time as many African countries experience the impact of poor energy infrastructure, increased demand and a lack of supply. The energy sector is undergoing a significant transition driven by the fast-paced development of disruptive new technologies and global environmental challenges. Over the coming decades this profound energy transformation will fundamentally change the way in which we produce and consume energy.
In achieving Africa’s energy vision for a sustainable energy future, dialogue and key outcomes emanating from this meeting will help inspire change and deliver business growth opportunities for Africa’s energy sector.